Below is an example of a well made GIMP gallery created by Erik O. who had Web Design first semester.Â Key points that Erik got right:
- His name and period are on all images
- It is easy to navigate between images
- One image per page in the gallery
- Erik as all 9 required images (and a few extra)
Some helpful links for Assignment 03. WARNING: these are Off Site links… if you find any objectionable material, please let me know. Don’t click on any ADS!!
Notice that the title for the course “Web Page Design” uses the word DESIGN. Anybody can put up a web page, but not everybody ends up with a “good” site. With that in mind, I offer the following links:
(1) The Web Design From Scratch site has a great page discussing “Current Style In Web Design”. Check out what good web design looks like HERE.
(2) A classic of web design is the site Web Pages That Suck (sorry, I didn’t name it). Check out what bad web design looks like HERE.
(3) Finally, I will be talking a lot in Intro To Web Design about why graphics are a BAD IDEA for the background of a web page. See an example of how ugly this can make a web site look HERE (try reading the text quickly).