HOUR OF CODE EXTRA CREDIT TRAINING:
Thursday, December 3rd, 2015, Lunch
Thursday, December 3rd, 2015, After School
Friday, December 4rd, 2015, Lunch
Friday, December 4rd, 2015, After School
Monday, December 7th, Lunch ONLY
HOUR OF CODE EVENT WITH GUESTS:
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015, After School
Wednesday, December 9th, 2015, After School
HOUR OF CODE FILES:
Due to a funeral for my grandmother, I will be out on Wednesday, December 2nd, for 5th and 6th periods only. Mr. Hobson will be our Guest Teacher for those two periods. I will be here for all other classes.
AP COMP SCI: Continue working on ICT Lesson 10.1, Recursion using Strings and/or finish Step Up To Writing. The assignment is due Friday by 5:00pm, however, there will be no class time on Friday to work on it. Remember that tomorrow and Friday will be training for Hour Of Code at lunch and after school!
Helping students when they are absent or just need extra time is an important part of my job. Listed Below are the days and times when I am available for extra help. I stay after school until everybody is gone, or until 5:00pm, whichever comes first. In the mornings, I do technology work with the YLHS staff, so I am not available to help students, sorry:
|DAY||Here at lunch?||Here after school?|
To all classes. I will be gone on Monday, October 12th due to a funeral. My wife’s grandmother (who was a WWII veteran in the Women’s Army Corps) will be buried at Riverside National Cemetary. More info will be posted here before Monday regarding what you should be working on while I’m gone.
On that day, we will have Ms. De Friese as our Guest Teacher. Please welcome her as our special guest in the classroom.
Animation Projects, Period 02: Continue with Assignment 04, 12 Principles of Animation.
Mobile App Development, Period 03: Continue with Assignment 03, PhoneGap Plugins.
AP Computer Science, Periods 05 & 06: Continue working on Assignment 5.1, PiggyBank Class. Assignment 4.1 and 4.2 are due by 5:00pm TODAY. The ZIP file should contain four files: CarTester.java, Car.java, RectangleTester.java, Rectangle.java. It may also *optionally* include CircleTester.java and Circle.java.
Welcome new students! This week will be about learning the class expectation, and getting started with software. Here are some specifics per class:
We will read the course info packet, and get started with Adobe Flash CS6. Things you need to get done this week:
- Turn in all parent signatures by THURSDAY.
MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT:
We will read the course info packet, and get started with Adobe Dreamweaver making web pages and apps. Things you need to get done this week:
- Turn in all parent signatures by THURSDAY
- Bring your mobile device to class every day
- Email me your UDID immediately if your device is an iPhone or iPad. Android users do not need to worry about this
- Set up your Adobe ID and Adobe PhoneGap account
- Install the “Scan” app on your device
AP COMPUTER SCIENCE:
We will read the course info packet, and get started with Karel Robot and Notepad++. Things you need to get done this week:
- Turn in all parent signatures by THURSDAY
- Install Notepad++ and Java on your home computer. If you use a Mac, we will have Dr. Java as an option. The installer will be provided by Thursday.
To all students, I hope your summer is going well…
(1) Semester 2 grades are available for all classes. AP Computer Science grades have been up for a week. Animation grades have been up since Friday, June 12th. Mobile App grades were the last entered, on Monday, June 15th.
(2) On Friday, July 3rd, all student access to websites will be removed, and I will begin preparations for the next school year. If you want files from the website, you should download them BEFORE Friday, July 3rd. After that, your student account and files will be removed.
Have a great summer!
By accessing the website at http://mreliot.com/?p=1114, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on YLHS Mobile App Class’s website and our Mobile Applications for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on YLHS Mobile App Class’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by YLHS Mobile App Class at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on YLHS Mobile App Class’s website and our Mobile Applications are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. YLHS Mobile App Class makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, YLHS Mobile App Class and our Mobile Applications does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall YLHS Mobile App Class or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on YLHS Mobile App Class’s website, even if YLHS Mobile App Class or a YLHS Mobile App Class authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on YLHS Mobile App Class’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. YLHS Mobile App Class does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. YLHS Mobile App Class may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However YLHS Mobile App Class does not make any commitment to update the materials.
YLHS Mobile App Class has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by YLHS Mobile App Class of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
YLHS Mobile App Class may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.